Skip to main content

We've Lost Our Fire

This isn't an indictment. Its a statement of fact. The American church has lost the power it once had as it has opened its doors and let the Holy Spirit fly out.With flocks being lead by shepherds who themselves aren't fed. Allowing the world lies to rewrite God's truth.

Running around lukewarm, saying I love Jesus yes I do, I love Jesus how about you.
Like this is a kid's game and not real, life and death. Caught up in hoop dreams and rap bars, seeing stars instead of looking up to heaven. Getting loose on Saturday night, "catching" the Holy Ghost on Sunday, then cussing someone out on Monday. All the while with our C on our chest cuz I'm a Christian and I'm blessed.

Looking for our reward on earth in the midst of a recession. Accepting mediocre when our Savior is a King, ruler of this earth spinning on an orbit that He could break with a snap of His finger. Acting like we got time when His return is nearer than when we first believed.

Living lives that we would be ashamed to explain to Christ. Disrespectful lives involving threesomes, sleeping with her and him and him and him and her and her. Raping our souls for fools gold because they say they love us. Then dump us with our hearts shattered at out feet. Telling our elders to let us live our lives like the foolish people we have become. Letting those things He has overcome on our behalf trap us.

We have become so watered down we can't season anything. We are so neligible we don't even leave a taste. We're too comfortable in this skin. We are bones with no substance. We don't know the meaning of laying our life down, taking up our cross cuz we following everyone but Him. Hoping, praying, wishing that things will change and surprised when they stay the same. But God is the only one who can change the game; the play, the call becuase He's the one that put you in the game at all.

This isn't an indictment but a wake up call. We're living our lives small. Destined for greatness but selling out birthright for a bowl of stew. Chew on that as thousands upon thousands hide in upper rooms like those in the early church. Not afraid to give it all for Christ. Desperate for just one of the five Bible we have on our bookshelves collecting dust.

Its not only about good sermons and singing beautiful songs but a broken and contrite heart and knowing that you DON'T BELONG HERE. Earth ain't your home, Satan ain't your friend and yet we have settled in for an extended stay. What happened to the days of praying and singing to God and watching our shackles fall. Paul, Peter, and Stephen knowning they would die for their faith but knowing that it was for gain not just for them but for all who would believe.

What does it profit a man to have it all and lose his mansion on high. Watching our lives like a drive-by, in slow motion but it all happens so fast. Forgetting that only the things we do for Christ will last. Don't want to wake up and find out we're still here and the rapture has passed.

I want my power back. I don't want to be caught sleeping. Trying to think up excuses that ain't fooling. Trying to fill a void that can only be plugged by Jesus. Wondering why my prayers have seemed to have lost their power. Desperately trying to place my feet on the Solid Rock. I want to be who I AM wants me to be because that is the only way to live. No compromise, trying to interpret my faith so that it can justify my sin. No one has ever fought against God and come back with a win.

As we watch our world decline realize that NOW is the Time to get it right. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praise Break - Ghost Town (Freedom)

The earth was new, a great frontier The perfect place to spread his fear So satan set up shop to draw them in Bright lights to display all his wares "Come on in, forget your cares" That devil knew just how to package sin People came from far and wide Not a guilty soul denied But before they knew they'd been deceived They'd step inside and never leave They said his eyes were black as coal His voice a shudder to the soul He preyed upon the broken and the proud He told them they were lost for good No one loved them and who would Before too long he owned that fallen town And from inside the gates they'd wail: Who can save us from this hell? And as their hopes turned into tears He laughed and all his demons stood and cheered Then down a dirt road from the east Came one, they said, could slay the beast But did not fight with bullets or a sword They called him Mercy and at his side A thousand angels chose to ride And a

Forward in 2024

Happy New Year... Almost. lol. 2023 was a year. I realized looking back that I didn't do New Years Eve post for 2023 and I didn't post in 2023 at all. I think that is an indication of the year that 2023 was for me. God you are so good! He has been faithful, loving, gracious but it has been hard. Not because God is not good but because the change had to happen in me. At the end of 2022 God gave me my word for 2023 which was rebuilt. At the time I thought it was just my life being rebuilt. I was fresh off a divorce, learning how to be a single mom and trying to pick up the pieces of my broken and fragmented life.  I was excited because I needed my life rebuilt. But God always gives you what you need, not what you think you want and what He actually meant was it was to be me being rebuilt; mentally, spiritually, emotionally and physically. My character examined, my faith explored and expanded. Damaris transformed. When I think of the blessings in my life this year the one that is

After This Election We Know We Should Pray but...

After the election My social media timelines have been full of people saying that we need to pray. And they are absolutely right. However.... The Bible ( Ecclesiastes 3:1-18 ) also says there is a time to pray and a time to mourn... We have abbreviated this to the old adage there is a time and place for everything. So we need to give space to those who are mourning, we need to give space to those who are angry and let everyone feel what they are feeling and stop telling them we just need to pray. Why do we need to stop this? Because besides giving people space, prayer is not always the only answer that God gives us. Sometimes he calls us to pray but other times he calls us to march (think the walls of Jericho, see Joshua 6 ), sometimes he calls us to speak up (see Esther 4 ), sometimes he calls us to be still and listen (see 1 Samuel 3 ) and sometimes he calls us to fight (see the story of the Judge Deborah in Judges 4:6 ). As a Christian even I am telling you that the " we need t