Skip to main content

Praise Break - He's ALIVE!

HALLELUJAH!



The gates and doors were barred 
And all the windows fastened down 
I spent the night in sleeplessness 
And rose at every sound 
Half in hope of sorrow 
And half in fear the day 
Would find the soldiers breakin' through 
To drag us all away 
And just before the sunrise 
I heard something at the wall 
The gate began to rattle 
And a voice began to call 
I hurried to the window 
Looked down into the street 
Expecting swords and torches 
And the sound of soldiers' feet 


But there was no one there but Mary 
So I went down to let her in 
John stood there beside me 
As she told me where she'd been 
She said they've moved Him in the night 
And none of us know where 
The stone's been rolled away 
And now His body isn't there 


We both ran towards the garden 
Then John ran on ahead 
We found the stone and empty tomb 
Just the way that Mary said 
But the winding sheet they wrapped Him in 
Was just an empty shell 
And how or where they'd taken Him 
Was more than I could tell 


Oh something strange had happened there 
Just what I did not know 
John believed a miracle 
But I just turned to go 
Circumstance and speculation 
Couldn't lift me very high 
'Cause I'd seen them crucify Him 
Then I saw Him die 


Back inside the house again 
The guilt and anguish came 
Everything I'd promised Him 
Just added to my shame 
When at last it came to choices 
I denied I knew His name 
And even if He was alive 
It wouldn't be the same 


But suddenly the air was filled 
With a strange and sweet perfume 
Light that came from everywhere 
Drove shadows from the room 
And Jesus stood before me 
With His arms held open wide 
And I fell down on my knees 
And I just clung to Him and cried 


Then He raised me to my feet 
And as I looked into His eyes 
The love was shining out from Him 
Like sunlight from the skies 
Guilt in my confusion 
Disappeared in sweet release 
And every fear I ever had 
Just melted into peace 




He's alive yes He's alive 
Yes He's alive and I'm forgiven 
Heaven's gates are open wide 
He's alive yes He's alive 
Oh He's alive and I'm forgiven 
Heaven's gates are open wide 
He's alive He's alive 
Hallelujah He's alive 
He's alive and I'm forgiven 
Heaven's gates are open wide 
He's alive He's alive He's alive 
I believe it He's alive 
Sweet Jesus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praise Break - Ghost Town (Freedom)

The earth was new, a great frontier The perfect place to spread his fear So satan set up shop to draw them in Bright lights to display all his wares "Come on in, forget your cares" That devil knew just how to package sin People came from far and wide Not a guilty soul denied But before they knew they'd been deceived They'd step inside and never leave They said his eyes were black as coal His voice a shudder to the soul He preyed upon the broken and the proud He told them they were lost for good No one loved them and who would Before too long he owned that fallen town And from inside the gates they'd wail: Who can save us from this hell? And as their hopes turned into tears He laughed and all his demons stood and cheered Then down a dirt road from the east Came one, they said, could slay the beast But did not fight with bullets or a sword They called him Mercy and at his side A thousand angels chose to ride And a

My Year End Reflections

2016 has been very... (insert whatever and how many adjectives you want) Many of those who started the year won't finish it and many who didn't start it will live to see another year. The political, financial, personal, professional and emotional landscapes for most as 2017 looms may not look promising and at the very least daunting. But hope... Hope is, in my opinion, as necessary to life as air. Hopelessness is a deep pit that can swallow you whole. When our hope is built on shifting, sinking sand it is very easy for us to lose it. But.. MY hope is built on nothing less than Jesus Blood and Righteousness... God is still God. The sun still rises and sets. Jesus is still risen from the dead. So therefore I will always have hope because money, people, things, leaders, bosses, jobs, empires, nations pass away but inspite of our best efforts to destroy and eradicate God from our world HE STILL LIVES and HIS PROMISES are still TRUE . I dare not trust the sweetest

Hagar: The Original Side Chick

Side Chick culture is rampant out here nowadays. It's not only glorified but celebrated. No women should ever be ok with being on the side. We are all worthy to be the one and only as God intended. In God's Economy men are one woman men. If you were supposed to have more than one God would have took more than one rib and made more than one Eve. So even though side chicks are fashionable these days the consequences can be devastating. Take it from the original side chick: Hagar. Now if you don't know the story of Abraham, Sarah and Hagar read up on it here . But in a nutshell, God told Abraham who was a very old man that he would have a child and the nation of Israel would come through that child. His very old wife Sarah didn't see how that was possible with her so she concocted a plan to make God's plan happen. Note : God doesn't need help btw. So she sent Hagar to have sex with her husband and get pregnant. Which she did. Now this isn't a tradit