Skip to main content

God’s Economy - You are Blessed

You are blessed. That is a fact. Whether you believe that or not.

While doing the 100 days of Believing Bigger pillars of Stillness and Blessing + Obedience, my whole outlook on blessing was changed.

We are taught that we need to ask God to bless us. As if our life is not blessed unless we ask and even then God still has to do the blessing. In this context, even as a believer, you question whether you even deserve to be blessed. And if you feel like you aren’t blessed you can develop a woe is me or even hardened heart.

However, when you take God view that you are already blessed, that blessing is internal and not external; that it is not something God gives to you but it is already in you; it creates a whole new paradigm. Instead of thinking you are not worthy of being blessed because you know you are you begin to look for the blessings in your life. You walk with a different posture because blessing is happening, your not waiting for it. And because you are blessed, you can pour out that blessing to others.

 As we were going through the pillars and we were talking about blessing and the Holy Spirit, God said to me the blessing resides in you because the holy Spirit is in you. He is the blesser and when you activate the Holy Spirit that is when you see the blessing.

What if the reason you don’t see blessing in you life because you haven’t activated the Holy Spirit? If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ then you know that God sent the Holy Spirit to reside in us as we go through this journey called life. He never goes anywhere (He promises to never leave nor forsake) but there are times that the Holy Spirit seems less present. That’s not because of the Holy Spirit, that’s because of us.

So how do you activate the Holy Spirit? Obedience.

And what proceeds Obedience? Belief.

Belief precedes, invites and unleashes the blessing. (I wish I had thought that up but I didn’t. Lol.) I have to believe that I am blessed and that God is, has and will continue to bless me. I am, as I am, a blessing. My very existence is a blessing. I won’t be a blessing once I get money, or a big house, or fancy clothes. With or without that I am still blessed and a blessing.

When I believe that God is working everything together for my good and that He has given me everything that I need to accomplish his purpose in me, and that I am already blessed I will walk in obedience.

Obedience in this context is just me doing what God has asked of me. What I don’t believe or doubt I will delay doing thus blocking my blessing. However, in my belief and obedience, the Holy Spirit in me is activated and blessing is released in me and through me. In this state of belief and obedience you eyes are opened to the blessings you didn’t realize were happening and you will be the blessing that God created you to be.

Blessed is she who believes that what the Lord has promised will be fulfilled. Luke 1:45


The Unlikely Missionary

Damaris


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praise Break - Ghost Town (Freedom)

The earth was new, a great frontier The perfect place to spread his fear So satan set up shop to draw them in Bright lights to display all his wares "Come on in, forget your cares" That devil knew just how to package sin People came from far and wide Not a guilty soul denied But before they knew they'd been deceived They'd step inside and never leave They said his eyes were black as coal His voice a shudder to the soul He preyed upon the broken and the proud He told them they were lost for good No one loved them and who would Before too long he owned that fallen town And from inside the gates they'd wail: Who can save us from this hell? And as their hopes turned into tears He laughed and all his demons stood and cheered Then down a dirt road from the east Came one, they said, could slay the beast But did not fight with bullets or a sword They called him Mercy and at his side A thousand angels chose to ride And a

My Year End Reflections

2016 has been very... (insert whatever and how many adjectives you want) Many of those who started the year won't finish it and many who didn't start it will live to see another year. The political, financial, personal, professional and emotional landscapes for most as 2017 looms may not look promising and at the very least daunting. But hope... Hope is, in my opinion, as necessary to life as air. Hopelessness is a deep pit that can swallow you whole. When our hope is built on shifting, sinking sand it is very easy for us to lose it. But.. MY hope is built on nothing less than Jesus Blood and Righteousness... God is still God. The sun still rises and sets. Jesus is still risen from the dead. So therefore I will always have hope because money, people, things, leaders, bosses, jobs, empires, nations pass away but inspite of our best efforts to destroy and eradicate God from our world HE STILL LIVES and HIS PROMISES are still TRUE . I dare not trust the sweetest

Hagar: The Original Side Chick

Side Chick culture is rampant out here nowadays. It's not only glorified but celebrated. No women should ever be ok with being on the side. We are all worthy to be the one and only as God intended. In God's Economy men are one woman men. If you were supposed to have more than one God would have took more than one rib and made more than one Eve. So even though side chicks are fashionable these days the consequences can be devastating. Take it from the original side chick: Hagar. Now if you don't know the story of Abraham, Sarah and Hagar read up on it here . But in a nutshell, God told Abraham who was a very old man that he would have a child and the nation of Israel would come through that child. His very old wife Sarah didn't see how that was possible with her so she concocted a plan to make God's plan happen. Note : God doesn't need help btw. So she sent Hagar to have sex with her husband and get pregnant. Which she did. Now this isn't a tradit