Skip to main content

Its Hard Waiting

This Christ walk I'm on ain't easy. I have doubts. Not about who God is to me and what He has done for me. But about the process. Sometimes I struggle with the waiting. God promises to take care of you and lead you in down the right path. But He doesn't reveal things right away. Sometimes He shows you ahead of time but more often then not He doesn't.

I am one that struggles with patience. I have very little of it. Its a terrible thing. Its one of the fruits of the spirit that I have yet to master.

Waiting on the Lord is hard because we are people who live in a world of instant gratification. We want it and we want it now. God doesn't work that way. If He places a desire within you He will grant you that thing but in His perfect timing.

I know that He knows when I'm ready for things and that everything happens for a reason but its INCREDIBLY hard. Knowing that God will do it and then trusting He will are two different skill sets.

But I'm trying. *sigh* All I know is that when God does bless me with what I'm waiting for I will appreciate it and cherish it all the more because I waited on Him for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praise Break - Ghost Town (Freedom)

The earth was new, a great frontier The perfect place to spread his fear So satan set up shop to draw them in Bright lights to display all his wares "Come on in, forget your cares" That devil knew just how to package sin People came from far and wide Not a guilty soul denied But before they knew they'd been deceived They'd step inside and never leave They said his eyes were black as coal His voice a shudder to the soul He preyed upon the broken and the proud He told them they were lost for good No one loved them and who would Before too long he owned that fallen town And from inside the gates they'd wail: Who can save us from this hell? And as their hopes turned into tears He laughed and all his demons stood and cheered Then down a dirt road from the east Came one, they said, could slay the beast But did not fight with bullets or a sword They called him Mercy and at his side A thousand angels chose to ride And a

Forward in 2024

Happy New Year... Almost. lol. 2023 was a year. I realized looking back that I didn't do New Years Eve post for 2023 and I didn't post in 2023 at all. I think that is an indication of the year that 2023 was for me. God you are so good! He has been faithful, loving, gracious but it has been hard. Not because God is not good but because the change had to happen in me. At the end of 2022 God gave me my word for 2023 which was rebuilt. At the time I thought it was just my life being rebuilt. I was fresh off a divorce, learning how to be a single mom and trying to pick up the pieces of my broken and fragmented life.  I was excited because I needed my life rebuilt. But God always gives you what you need, not what you think you want and what He actually meant was it was to be me being rebuilt; mentally, spiritually, emotionally and physically. My character examined, my faith explored and expanded. Damaris transformed. When I think of the blessings in my life this year the one that is

After This Election We Know We Should Pray but...

After the election My social media timelines have been full of people saying that we need to pray. And they are absolutely right. However.... The Bible ( Ecclesiastes 3:1-18 ) also says there is a time to pray and a time to mourn... We have abbreviated this to the old adage there is a time and place for everything. So we need to give space to those who are mourning, we need to give space to those who are angry and let everyone feel what they are feeling and stop telling them we just need to pray. Why do we need to stop this? Because besides giving people space, prayer is not always the only answer that God gives us. Sometimes he calls us to pray but other times he calls us to march (think the walls of Jericho, see Joshua 6 ), sometimes he calls us to speak up (see Esther 4 ), sometimes he calls us to be still and listen (see 1 Samuel 3 ) and sometimes he calls us to fight (see the story of the Judge Deborah in Judges 4:6 ). As a Christian even I am telling you that the " we need t